After hour urgent clinic
Appointments will be booked on the same day and may not be booked in advance.
To provide you with a better service, our doctors have established an after-hour call clinic that will operate by video call from 17:00- 20:00 from Monday to Friday and from 10 am to 1 pm on Saturdays. Different doctors in our team will take turn in visiting patients in our group.
For urgent after hour appointments, call your own Family Doctor’s office on the same day, before 16:30 pm on Monday to Fridays and before 12 noon on Saturdays.
Only urgent matters will be discussed on these after hour clinics. If your matter is not urgent, your appointment may be cancelled, and you will be advised to rebook your appointment as non-urgent with your own family doctors.
Examples of urgent appointments:
- Urinary tract infections,
- Acute high fevers,
- Acute pains or acute symptoms that cannot wait until you see your doctor until their next availabilities.
Examples of non-urgent appointments:
- Non urgent prescription refills,
- Opioids, Benzodiazepines and Stimulants (ADHD medication) will not be in after hour clinic hours by other doctors
- Non urgent Lab result review and follow ups,
- Specialist Referrals,
- Physiotherapy or orthotic referrals,
- Letter of support or sick notes,
- Any type of forms, insurance papers, etc.
- Non urgent Blood work or Imaging requests,
- Chronic medical or mental health conditions
In such Non urgent situations, you will be advised to wait to speak with your own family doctor on their earliest availability. If booked and realized later, your appointment may be cancelled.
Examples of Emergency symptoms that you need to go to hospital emergency rooms directly:
- Suicidal or homicidal ideation
- Acute injuries
- Acute chest pains,
- Acute Shortness of breath,
- Acute Palpitations,
- Acute Headaches,
- Acute abdominal pains,
- Bleedings specially in pregnancy,
- Acute Dizziness
- Severe Allergic reactions
- In children: Lethargy, confusion, Shortness of breath or any breathing difficulties,
For Non-OHIP services please refer to OMA recommended fees:
Location of patient and physician when Virtual Care Services are performed
Both the patient and physician must be located in Ontario for the services to be insured and payable under OHIP (see section 37.1 of Regulation 552 under the Health Insurance Act).
Our clinic policies
- Bring your valid Health Card- All patients must provide a valid Provincial Health Card at the time of each visit.
- Last patient registered 30 minutes prior to closing- The clinic will register the last patient 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Clinic may stop accepting patients earlier than posted- Our doors will be closed when we have registered enough patients to take us past our closing time.
Submit a photo
If your doctor has asked you to send a picture or BP reading prior to your virtual phone/video appointment, please click here and follow the directions
Disclaimer: Unsolicited information sent will not be opened or viewed. Please use link only if the doctor is expecting the information and not as a way of communicating to the doctor.
We request that medication renewals be done during your regular appointment with your family doctor whenever possible. Please bring all your medications to every visit.
For medication renewals please contact us and book your virtual appointment.
OHIP does not cover all services provided by a physician or practitioner. Please see some examples listed below.
- Back to work note,
- Sick note,
- Daycare note (free of communicable disease)
- Charges for Copying/Transmission of Medical Records
- Completion of form physicals for schools, camps, preschool, daycare, university or other educational institution
It is the patient’s responsibility to have a valid health card. Please bring your health card to every visit.
Please visit the Service Ontario Website for more information. There is a charge for appointments if no valid health card is provided during your visit.
- Toronto Distress Centres: 416 408-4357 or 408-HELP
- Gerstein Centre: 416 929-5200 Spectra Helpline: 416 920-0497 or 905 459-7777 for Brampton and Mississauga residents
Helpline: 416 863-0511;
- Toll-free: 1 866 863-0511
- Kids Help Phone: 1 800 668-6868;
- Community Crisis Line Scarborough and Rouge Hospital: 416 495-2891 for 24/7 telephone crisis support.