Due to the current and evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a number of immediate changes to our services. Please read carefully.
Please note that we have cancelled walk in services until further notice and our office hours are changed to 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Diabetic appointments will be offered as a telephone or video-conference appointment where appropriate.
Arriving for Appointments: If you have a cell phone, please remain in your vehicle and call the office to notify us that you have arrived. Ensure that we have your cell phone number on file as we will contact you when the Doctor is ready to see you. When entering the clinic, be prepared that you will be asked screening questions.
A mask or face covering MUST be worn during your visit to our clinic. We are unable to provide a mask to all patients.You are expected to come wearing a mask or non-medical grade face covering of your own. A mask or face covering should not be worn by children under the age of 5 years old or by anyone with a medical condition that prevents them from safely wearing a mask.
Our clinic policies
- Bring your valid Health Card- All patients must provide a valid Provincial Health Card at the time of each visit.
- Last patient registered 30 minutes prior to closing- The clinic will register the last patient 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Clinic may stop accepting patients earlier than posted- Our doors will be closed when we have registered enough patients to take us past our closing time.
Submit a photo
If your doctor has asked you to send a picture or BP reading prior to your virtual phone/video appointment, please click here and follow the directions
Disclaimer: Unsolicited information sent will not be opened or viewed. Please use link only if the doctor is expecting the information and not as a way of communicating to the doctor.
We request that medication renewals be done during your regular appointment with your family doctor whenever possible. Please bring all your medications to every visit.
For medication renewals please contact us and book your virtual appointment.
OHIP does not cover all services provided by a physician or practitioner. Please see some examples listed below.
- Back to work note,
- Sick note,
- Daycare note (free of communicable disease)
- Charges for Copying/Transmission of Medical Records
- Completion of form physicals for schools, camps, preschool, daycare, university or other educational institution
It is the patient’s responsibility to have a valid health card. Please bring your health card to every visit.
Please visit the Service Ontario Website for more information. There is a charge for appointments if no valid health card is provided during your visit.
- Toronto Distress Centres: 416 408-4357 or 408-HELP
- Gerstein Centre: 416 929-5200 Spectra Helpline: 416 920-0497 or 905 459-7777 for Brampton and Mississauga residents
Helpline: 416 863-0511;
- Toll-free: 1 866 863-0511
- Kids Help Phone: 1 800 668-6868;
- Community Crisis Line Scarborough and Rouge Hospital: 416 495-2891 for 24/7 telephone crisis support.